Monday, September 15, 2008

Family in town

It's past midnight so I'm just going to jot a few things that happened so that I don't forget!



Last weekend, Bob, Krista & Jackson came to Utah just because they wanted to and because Delta had a sale! Kai LOVES playing with Jackson! It's really cute! We had fun hanging out with them! I made my Chocolate Trifle and put it in my Pampered Chef Trifle bowl for our sunday dessert.



Doesn't that look delicious?

Then, this weekend, Brock, Allison, Mason, Zach & Calvin came partly for work and partly to escape Hurricane Ike (they live in Houston). At first, only Brock was going to come but at the last minute, they all decided to come. Its a good thing too because they currently don't have power or water at their home in Houston and they don't have any idea when they'll get either back! In fact, one of their friends called them yesterday and told them that they were driving around in their car because their kids were bored so they're watching a movie in there while finally sitting in an air conditioned area and charging their cell phones! Man, the things we take for granted!


Yesterday, Brock's family and me and Kai and Koa went to the BYU/UCLA football game in Provo. It was a blast! It was sold out but Brock had tickets for his fam he had purchased earlier. So I found a couple of scalpers and bought tickets for our fam. It was a fun game but man it was HOT! No shade is no fun - even in the low 70 degree temp we were having yesterday! I spent more than I would normally buying drinks and ice cream! But it was well worth it! Did I mention BYU won 59 - 0? It was amazing!


Both Kai & Koa were really cute during the game! Kai was so hot, he wouldn't keep his shirt on. Koa, on the other hand, just lay back and enjoyed the shade provided by the slightly larger woman standing next to him! He just lay down, head on the diaper bag with the popcorn bag on his stomach and ate his snack while relaxing! I took pics so I'll have to upload it later!


On the ride down to Provo, Kai said the cutest thing! He was playing with Mason & Zach in the back row of Dave's Tahoe and they were being rowdy little boys as usual. Suddenly Kai starts yelling in an attention getting voice "Lorinda! Lorinda! Lorinda!" As if that wasn't funny enough, when I asked him what he needed, he said "Mommy, I need chopsticks." Everyone bust out laughing really hard! But not Kai! He was dead serious and a little annoyed that we were laughing at his request! Eventually he just started laughing with us. Too cute!


We finally bit the bullet and bought a Wii. I'm addicted to Mario Kart. We haven't even had it for a week and I've unlocked almost all the games in all the levels! I also am participating in a little fantasy football with some of my family! It's fun!


We bought an Emperor something or other fish from Aquatic Dreams. It is a gorgeous fish! I'll have to take a picture later and post it. He's very sociable and is nice to our other fish in that tank (2 black clown fishes and an orange anthius).


Koa said "bottle" today for the first time!


I'm really tired so I think thats all for now!
Goodnight!

No comments: