Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas lights

If any of you are my facebook friends, you were updated frequently as to the status of my Christmas lights' progress and my plight in getting them done! One of my friends from my youth Lisa asked for pics so here they are:


So it started with the lower tier which wasn't too bad since I could have the ladder on the ground. The upper tier was harder. For one thing, I had to have the ladder out on the ledge of the lower tier- like this!



Not exactly the most stable thing in the world! It took me a good hour to get the ladder out the window and open like that! I then climbed up the ladder with the lights, a staple gun and staples and my emergency cell phone in a back pack. You know, in case I fell off the roof or the ladder fell and left me stuck there... You get it.






So this is the finished product - at least for the lights. These are the lights with the camera flash on.







These are the lights with my camera flash off.



And this is the close up of one of my "holly berries"!

All in all, it went well, but due to my almost debilitating fear of heights, it was harder than you would think! Getting down was soooo scary. I thought going up was hard! I got stuck up there for about an hour trying to get the guts to get back on the ladder. When I finally did, the ladder shifted and scared me so back on the roof I went! After another courage building prep period (which was longer than I am willing to disclose), I held my breath, looked up at the top of the ladder, and took the plunge off of the roof. Then I went VERY slowly down step by step. About what seemed like 5 minutes later when I got all the way down, I finally let out my breath and let my heart rate slow back down!

The things we do for the unsaid peer pressure from the neighbors, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.MY.GOOSHNESS, GIRL!! You could'a got yerself killed!!! You're such a trooper. Looks so beautious- especially your holly berries. :) Good job, missy!

Kaui said...

WOW! That's impressive! You definitely rock!